📖 Day 15 Cookbook Discussion Prompt - TRUTH

Travis, seems to be a natural part of the human experience. That, however, doesn’t mean it’s not something we can let go of as individuals.

1 Like

Hello beautiful people :open_hands:t3:

Living by telling the truth … Yes, authenticity is the Goal… Pondering the idea of telling the TRUTH???

Telling the truth is about being HONEST with self… Then it’s about Timming…

I recall a friend of mine of mine ask me if I would marry her and her husband. I said “yes”. Well , shortly after i started to realize
that I had a Distortion about Marrage​:face_with_peeking_eye::grimacing::face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I had to be HONEST with myself and work through those “limited Perceptions “ before performing the ceremony… And if I knew I could Not get past it , I had to say “No”…. Truth benefits all parties in volved. I had to think about the consequences of the “Energy” would give out🙈

Life would otherwise feel HEAVY & Confusing :crazy_face::woozy_face::face_with_diagonal_mouth:. Not to mention the

:balloon:

:exploding_head: just :exploding_head:

I need to sit with this. When I got up this morning, I saw a text from my mom and immediately started judging, and getting irritated. But now I want to look deep and see what I’m afraid of or doing that is causing this. Thank you for sharing! :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing this Angela. I have been in a similar situation, and the love I felt for this person was bigger than anything I had experienced before. But as I kept putting more love and emotional support into them, I had less love/emotional support/energy for taking care of myself. And though I received some support from them, there was an imbalance. Ultimately, the truth is that I needed to be taking full care of myself, and showing myself respect. And hopefully through this inspiring others (and my partner) to do the same. When we lie to ourselves, we are not showing ourselves respect. I love how you put it:

Thank you :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

I needed to read this! I have also been comfortable always with telling the truth, but maybe it was to a point of pride. Or sometimes, as you say because I was hurt and barreled through my truth without considering tact or timing. What a great reflection to ponder :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

Sharing the truth can be done compassionately or not. It really is beautiful to be honest with people while abiding in love.

3 Likes

I definitely went through a phase of identifying with truth ad calling out BS. However, it wasn’t always useful! I’m not saying it’s ever right to lie, but sometimes - with ahimsa in mind - it’s better to not say anything. I find it’s a balancing act, this, like so many areas of living a life in yoga. A beautiful life spent on the edge of these things.

1 Like

hmm big topic for me. - I feel that I do tell the truth and often people just want me to be superficial pretend you know like when they ask you how u r - they dont really want to know - of course then there is the question of how you tell the truth and what version am I telling? what is it exactly? Is it how I feel? Is it what I think happened between me and someone else like my side of the story is true… and they need to see it! Then there’s “my truth” versus “your truth” - so what does that mean if we are one… are there levels of truth? I think so. Studying spirituality and evolutionary perspectives I think there is definitely higher truth - and even absolute truth.

The story that RD shares about working with the couple is soooo interesting to me! I have had this basically online relationship with someone or rather all on the phone texting and calls - he refuses to spend time in person! And the interesting thing is how deep we go online and that seems a bit ungrounded and unsafe whereas in this exercise looking into each other’s eyes “truth” takes on a whole other layer…

3 Likes

Kyrie, thank you for sharing. It’s such a tough position to be, it feels like you’re being pulled in two different directions. I don’t know about you, but for me I knew deep down what I needed to do the whole time. The mind was just throwing so much at me, making me think I was confused. It’s so interesting how that can happen, despite being in touch with gut feelings. I’m glad you found your path to truth too :heart:

2 Likes

Donna thank you so much for sharing your story with us all. It’s pretty brave to let yourself hang out there raw, naked, vulnerable. I love that you are coming into a space that accepts ALLLLL of you just as you are. We’ve all got our own “stuff” that we believe makes us hard to love. I have found this loving acceptance of self one of the hardest things I’ve done in life…well, continue to do in life. Sending so much love to you on this journey!

2 Likes