In this moving and humorous talk about using the stuff of life to get free, Ram Dass shares how we can celebrate spirit through service by merging our divinity with our humanity.
In this episode, Ram Dass talks about:
- Moving home to care for his elderly father and how that became a method for him
- Getting called away from a meditation retreat to help out his cancer-stricken stepmother
- Larry Brilliant and the founding of the Seva Foundation
- How the Seva Foundation put service into action on a very large scale
- The difference between the Sanskrit words Dharma and Seva
- The paradox of suffering